I figured not only would this would be a good week-closer post but also is a good way to give any new readers out there some insight the craziness that is my life. But I digress…
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Any situation where I am stress-free and surrounded by people I adore. Where money isn’t an issue and my wine glass is never too far out of reach :)
2. What is your greatest fear? I’ve maintained a fear of not being successful. I’m self-admittedly a prideful girl, & so to fail at something is like the ultimate defeat for me. I’m also afraid of roadkill. I know that sounds impossibly weird but it’s true. I have no idea why but if I see it I get the chills and feel like screaming (I promise I’m not a total whack job).
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Impatience, definitely. It’s something I strive to work at but it’s still something that bothers me because I recognize it’s a fault of mine & I really wish I knew how to be more graceful about it.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? The whole ‘holier than thou’ attitude. It drives me mad when people act as if they are better than the next and let accomplishments get to their heads. You should be grateful for your successes and encourage other people to achieve their own, not cut them down.
5. Which living person do you most admire? My mother. She is a saint ♥
6. What is your greatest extravagance? I don’t really consider myself an extravagant person but I suppose if I had to pick something extravagant that I own it’d be my Macbook Pro. I wish I had the funds to be extravagant when it comes to fashion though :)
7. What is your current state of mind? Tired yet determined.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? I’m going to have to agree with Ev´Yan‘s answer and say forgiveness. She’s right, there are instances where you just can’t grant someone forgiveness. But in my case you can do your best to forget.
9. On what occasion do you lie? Not gonna lie (no pun intended), sometimes I lie on occasions where I receive a gift and don’t necessarily like it. I know that sound horrible but with like holiday work gift exchanges and things of that nature, it’s rough. I realize it’s the thought that counts.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? I developed a complex about my nose over the years. However I’m beginning to learn to love it & accept it as a part of me–literally.
11. Which living person do you most despise? I’ve learned despising people is huge waste of energy & only gives them the reaction they seek. I just feel sorry for them instead & am thankful of the places my own life has taken me.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Reliability.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Trustworthiness.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Srsly” “fuck” “thats what she said.”
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Books & Glenn Vito Weatherson.
16. When and where were you happiest? Christmas Eve with my family one year. The power of love with them is very strong & moving. They’re my rock.
17. Which talent would you most like to have? I totally wish I could sing (well).
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would change my height to be just a bit taller.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? The realization of what I want to do in life & pursuing it.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? “I’ll tell you in a different life, when we are both cats.”
21. Where would you most like to live? Many places eventually but currently I would love to relocate to Seattle.
22. What is your most treasured possession? My silver ring.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Heartache. Guilt. Sometimes both together. #emo
24. What is your favorite occupation? Web design, naturally.
25. What is your most marked characteristic? My wit & humor (so I’ve been told).
26. What do you most value in your friends? That we’re relate-able, kindness, loyalty, laughter.
27. Who are your favorite writers? This is going to sound like a cop out but to be honest, some of the most moving pieces of literature I’ve ever come across have been from anonymous writers. Little poems and scraps of feeling written here & there. I feel like I can relate more to those people than most published authors.
28. Who is your hero of fiction? Alice.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Let’s go with Pocahontas :)
30. Who are your heroes in real life? My mom of course. Glenn & my closest friends are always saving me as well.
31. What are your favorite names? Vita, Emma, Geoff, Jackson.
32. What is it that you most dislike? I dislike being (too) cold, I dislike raw onion, I dislike California drivers, I dislike meat, I dislike alarm clocks, I dislike money.
33. What is your greatest regret? Handing out second chances like candy to people who didn’t deserve them.
34. How would you like to die? Old, quietly, warm in my bed. Ha. What a morbid question.
35. What is your motto? “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
Inspired by the stunning and brilliant apricot tea blog I’ve recently fallen in love with.
I tag anyone who’s interested in sharing their answers.
© 2014 SRSLYLIZ.COM