If you know me you know music is a huge part of my life. Which is why I consider myself lucky to be surrounded by a group of friends who are extremely talented in the field. Today’s MM features my dear friend Jack Matranga and his new project Tin Can Notes. If like me, you’re a sucker for acoustic guitar, piano and sultry singing than this is the band for you. Also today, just for you lovelies he is making one of the tracks from the EP available for download. Listen below & click here to get it.
All along I thought that words were strong enough, now the storm is calm my words are all alone
I figured not only would this would be a good week-closer post but also is a good way to give any new readers out there some insight the craziness that is my life. But I digress…
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Any situation where I am stress-free and surrounded by people I adore. Where money isn’t an issue and my wine glass is never too far out of reach :)
2. What is your greatest fear? I’ve maintained a fear of not being successful. I’m self-admittedly a prideful girl, & so to fail at something is like the ultimate defeat for me. I’m also afraid of roadkill. I know that sounds impossibly weird but it’s true. I have no idea why but if I see it I get the chills and feel like screaming (I promise I’m not a total whack job).
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Impatience, definitely. It’s something I strive to work at but it’s still something that bothers me because I recognize it’s a fault of mine & I really wish I knew how to be more graceful about it.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? The whole ‘holier than thou’ attitude. It drives me mad when people act as if they are better than the next and let accomplishments get to their heads. You should be grateful for your successes and encourage other people to achieve their own, not cut them down.
5. Which living person do you most admire? My mother. She is a saint ♥
6. What is your greatest extravagance? I don’t really consider myself an extravagant person but I suppose if I had to pick something extravagant that I own it’d be my Macbook Pro. I wish I had the funds to be extravagant when it comes to fashion though :)
7. What is your current state of mind? Tired yet determined.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? I’m going to have to agree with Ev´Yan‘s answer and say forgiveness. She’s right, there are instances where you just can’t grant someone forgiveness. But in my case you can do your best to forget.
9. On what occasion do you lie? Not gonna lie (no pun intended), sometimes I lie on occasions where I receive a gift and don’t necessarily like it. I know that sound horrible but with like holiday work gift exchanges and things of that nature, it’s rough. I realize it’s the thought that counts.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? I developed a complex about my nose over the years. However I’m beginning to learn to love it & accept it as a part of me–literally.
11. Which living person do you most despise? I’ve learned despising people is huge waste of energy & only gives them the reaction they seek. I just feel sorry for them instead & am thankful of the places my own life has taken me.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Reliability.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Trustworthiness.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Srsly” “fuck” “thats what she said.”
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Books & Glenn Vito Weatherson.
16. When and where were you happiest? Christmas Eve with my family one year. The power of love with them is very strong & moving. They’re my rock.
17. Which talent would you most like to have? I totally wish I could sing (well).
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would change my height to be just a bit taller.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? The realization of what I want to do in life & pursuing it.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? “I’ll tell you in a different life, when we are both cats.”
21. Where would you most like to live? Many places eventually but currently I would love to relocate to Seattle.
22. What is your most treasured possession? My silver ring.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Heartache. Guilt. Sometimes both together. #emo
24. What is your favorite occupation? Web design, naturally.
25. What is your most marked characteristic? My wit & humor (so I’ve been told).
26. What do you most value in your friends? That we’re relate-able, kindness, loyalty, laughter.
27. Who are your favorite writers? This is going to sound like a cop out but to be honest, some of the most moving pieces of literature I’ve ever come across have been from anonymous writers. Little poems and scraps of feeling written here & there. I feel like I can relate more to those people than most published authors.
28. Who is your hero of fiction? Alice.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Let’s go with Pocahontas :)
30. Who are your heroes in real life? My mom of course. Glenn & my closest friends are always saving me as well.
31. What are your favorite names? Vita, Emma, Geoff, Jackson.
32. What is it that you most dislike? I dislike being (too) cold, I dislike raw onion, I dislike California drivers, I dislike meat, I dislike alarm clocks, I dislike money.
33. What is your greatest regret? Handing out second chances like candy to people who didn’t deserve them.
34. How would you like to die? Old, quietly, warm in my bed. Ha. What a morbid question.
35. What is your motto? “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
Inspired by the stunning and brilliant apricot tea blog I’ve recently fallen in love with.
I tag anyone who’s interested in sharing their answers.
A lot of people (iPhone users) have asked me how I’m able to send such cute emoticons in my texts to them. The answer is downloading Emoji, however the installation instructions were a little confusing to try to explain via text and so after chatting with Carlovely last night and trying to yet again explain it, I figured I’d just post a tutorial once and for all.
1. Make sure your iPhone has the latest software update
2. Search “Touch dial” in the App store & buy the .99 cent version (see photo)
3. Go to Settings > Touch Dial > turn Enable Smiley icon to ON
4. Launch Touch Dial Emoji (no further action needed once launched), then go back to home screen
5. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > Japanese and enable “Emoji.”
6. Use Emoji in SMS by clicking the “Globe” icon
* The above steps are required to *send* Emoji from an iPhone, but any up to date iPhone user can SEE emoji! (other phones most likely cant)
* There are 461 little emoji’s you can use!
So there you have it. Let me know if it works for you & if you have any questions. Happy texting!
Remember that ginormous box of crayons with the built in sharpener? Yeah I loved it too. But these crayons totally kick their ass IMO. They’re so magical looking!
I can totally see myself arriving at a brunch client meeting with these in hand. So pretty.
I’m curious as to how effective these kitchen scrubbing cloths are. They look fun though.
If you’re a forgetful francis like me, then maybe you can benefit from this hilarious one a day calendar. Happy pill popping.
Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies. Which is why I clapped my hands in delight when I came across Design Sponge’s Living In last week.
Real life Cinderella glass slippers? Yes please.
The packaging of MUSICA’s design department made me laugh. Clever.
Somebody please, anybody. Do what you gotta do to get this duvet set in my possession immediately. It’s so gorgeous my
moutheyes are watering.
Paragraphically Speaking; Cottage cheese + pineapple, surprises, when cute people refer to mail as ‘parcels’, Autumn FINALLY arriving, snuggling under tons of blankets with the windows open, being blessed with amazing friendships, learning new design principles, purple highlighters, feeling inspired, my cute new hat, bicycle rides, leggings + boots, how long my hair is getting, kindness, new home office supplies, picture messages, girls nights, cupcakes, my handsome loverboy, love in general, upcoming concerts, being strong, saying no & making progress on what matters most to me.
Take back everything you said you never meant a word of it
© 2014 SRSLYLIZ.COM